03 October 2007

Sadie's Diner



I first went to Sadie's with a little bff i like to call SBD a few weeks ago.
My friend Stu had told me all about it and I really wanted to test it out. I was pretty impressed the first time I went: the decor is amazing and you feel like you're cuter just for setting step in the place (maybe that's why Stu liked it so much... i keed, i keed)

I haven't been in the back yet, but unless my terrible vision deceives me (which happens often), I think they have a pretty impressive collector's spoon display in the back. Amazing.

Now to the breakfast. Today I went sans Harry, so this review is one-sided.

Overally? 7/10 on the food but this time, I'm giving a special 10/10 for enjoying being there. The coffee is certified organic fair-trade, and don't think that means you don't get what you pay for: holy shit! I have never finished one cup from them and this is coming from Little Miss 4-Cups-a-Day. The fresh squeezed juices are delicious and the fact that you wait a little bit for them is kinda... I dunno, endearing?

No meats here and anything can be made vegan. I like meat, but I also like this idea. Their veggie bacon tastes much better than you can do yourself at home, somehow, which I think redeems them. I've laughed to myself a couple of times that they've gone overboard on the diner-decor to make up for the lack of bacon in an otherwise "Greasy Spoon."

Go to Sadie's. Their hours are awkward for most but if you can make it in you'll vow to be a regular from that day forward.

No comments: