15 October 2007

DID SHE OUT DO THEM ALL?



Since I've had french toast at a few different places now, I'm allowed to give my opinion on which is the best. Unlike a few weeks ago, I was a freedom toast virgin.

Bonjour Brioche was pretty awesome except for the size(just too much left to waste), and Mel's is straight up, no frills, but always good. Oh, I can't forget Boom's Crunch french toast which is quite delish also and a little walk on the wild side with some corn flakes for texture.

But come on, have a look at the picture and I'll explain why I think, this is the BEST french toast I've had so far on the Breakfast Tour.

First of all, this isn't from a restaurant but from the kitchen of the better half of this blog. That's a bit of bias but well justified. It started off with some delicious dutch crunch bread (wow, I'm really doing well segwaying into next weeks blogs!), delicious raspberries, strawberries and bananas from the grocery store, a bit of whip cream, and lastly, free range eggs. Top it off with some pure Canadian maple syrup for the dressing. Sounds like it's kicking ass already, eh? But wait..

I was expecting, you know, one slice with some fruit on top, and I would've been quite delighted with that. But man, not a triple threat that was thrown in the oven to bake apres le point of no return that others would've been satisfied! Mon dieu!

Sorry everyone, you'd better step up your game.

BT rating: 9.5 out of 10.
Total cost for two with smoothies: $18.70.

2 comments:

billy hamilton said...

we need to have some vegan breakfast sometime when i'm home so that i can do a guest spot for ya! or maybe i'll let you know the next time i get some great breakfast on the road, and we can do a field report!

thebreakfasttour said...

Yeah! If you wanna do a field report dude fuckin' rip it up! Let me know, we'll pass on the password and you can throw one down!!