04 October 2007

Bonjour Brioche


So Harry tells me this story...
Some dudes have this placed called "Hello Toast." He calls them 'partners' so I don't know if that means business or romance, but regardless, they have some falling out and it ends badly. Partner One pushes out Partner Two, who isn't quite fond of the cold treatment. So Partner Two goes a few doors down, opens "Bonjour Brioche" (Hello Toast en Francais) and there you have it; delicious revenge.

And delicious, well, that doesn't even begin to describe our breakfast.

I felt that this place was a 9.5/10

Perfect portions, imgainative (very much so!) dishes, fair prices, excellent decor, wonderful taste in art, and a nice secluded area that makes you feel like you're the only person who's ever discovered this gem (save for, apparently, Bill Cosby who's signed photo with a 'thanks' hangs on the wall.)

I had the tart. I ordered zucchini, bacon and cheddar but got sausage, mushroom and cheddar. At first I didn't want to bug them about it because first, part of the review is just letting the restaurant do its thing and act as a complete observer, and secondly, because our waitress was pregnant and I simply had a hard time asking a pregnant woman to fix my meal for me.

However...
this was a blessing in disguise as it was delicious.

We went to this place as a recommendation from a friend of Harry's, who suggested that their Baked French Toast make it on to our Tour. Harry's french toast looked like a squishy pile of about 10 pieces, mushed into a loaf. While it looked appetizing, it was too big and could have been halved. Such a delicious dish should go unwasted!

We will be back.

Also: I apologize for the photos. My camera was on its absolute last leg and I snapped all three of these in about 10 seconds before it died.

1 comment:

billy hamilton said...

lizzy!
i totally responded to at least one of your texts about squeezing me in to finish my leg! my week at home was suuuuuuuper hectic, and i'm bummed we didn't have a chance to get it done.

thanks again for the donation! the run went so well this year! let's do breakfast in november, k?