17 September 2007

L'Avenue du Plateau

Got this suggestion from my friend Woody:

Ok definately go to L'avenue, its on the corner of Mont Royal and St. Hubert. sometimes they got djs. thier bathroom was one of the nicest bathrooms i ever seen i felt like i was in a space ship, they got a bar so get a shot, get coffee, and make sure to also get the juice. I usually have 4 beverages chilln on my table. go early too cause line is rediculous.

addy: 922 Av Mont-royal E




The interior is pretty rad, like a diner from the F U T R.
Awesome fresh squeezed juice with tons of pulp, friendly wait staff and good coffee that came pretty regularly. Harry and I started our ordering-for-each-other game today. I ended up with french toast & hot fruits, and he got a crepe with chicken, herbs and provolone.

The potatoes were AMAZING. Absolutely the best breakfast potatoes I have ever had. My french toast was overbearing to say the least but really, really tasty in moderation. Harry's went over well, but I found the chicken a little dry and coarse. Not freshly cooked, for sure.






And as any other r e v i e w site may mention, the bathrooms in themselves are a futuristic, seemingly coke-induced experience all unto itself.

We loved this place. The waiters were nice and we avoided the awful lineups that everyone warned us about. Maybe because we hit it up at 9 a.m. Table for two right in the window, lovely view of what seems to be an endless supply of gorgeous women in Montreal.

OVERALL: 8.5/10

2 comments:

Dan said...

I like the wall Motorcycle

Erik said...

Definitely the best breakfast place in Montreal!